Did you miss the bakesale? Well here are just a few pictures to tempt you with all these sweets. Whoa, right?! I’m not advocating an everyday smorgasboard but how can you resist? Part of me was really glad I don’t eat gluten or else I could have filled up a couple of boxes worth of treats!
The money was for Planned Parenthood so people definitely felt generous with very good reason! We raised right over $1500! Although this is fabulous news, I found this out from a good friends post on Facebook- http://www.ggch.org/site/c.esJMKZPKJtH/b.1101661/k.D64B/Golden_Gate_Community_Health.htm
Need something to cheer you up now?
Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe
1/2 c oil
1 cup maple syrup
1 tbl vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon *optional
2 c grated zuch (about 2 med zucchini)
2 1/3 c gluten free flour mix of your choice
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 c cocoa powder
1 cup choc chips *(I only used a couple of tbl- so consider these optional!)
*The first time, I baked these in 4 mini springform pans. Grease them first. You can also use a 9×5 pan, greased and sprinkled with a little flour to ensure they come out easily. A batch of cupcakes will make about 14.
1. Combine canola oil & maple syrup, mixing about 20 seconds, with a paddle attachment. (I used a spatula and it came out just fine)
2. Add the vanilla & cinnamon* and mix.
3. Add the zucchini and mix until thoroughly combined, 20 seconds.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour mix, baking soda, salt, & cocoa powder. Making sure all lumps of cocoa are blended in.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet on low speed (or by hand) until just combined, 20 seconds.
6. Fold in chocolate chips if desired.
7. Fill the pans with batter, using a spatula to (attempt) to smooth the surface. I did not find this super easy… oh well!
8. Bake in the center of the oven at 350* for 55-60 minutes if using a 9×5 pan. The 4 miniforms baked about 25-30 minutes. Cupcakes took about 20-25 minutes. Rotate the pans halfway through. The bread is done when a skewer inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool for about 10 minutes before attempting to serve! Enjoy 🙂